Our SCHOOL Governors
The Governors of Malorees School Federation have been appointed from a wide range of backgrounds and expertises to ensure that every child at Malorees is provided with the very best education.
Our responsibilities are achieved through the following three key areas:
We are critical friends
- Challenging, monitoring and supporting senior management
- Governors bring ‘constructive challenge’ to decision making and ensure that the school is effectively led and managed.
We set strategic direction, policies and objectives:
- Approve the school budget
- Set and agree appropriate targets and priorities– shaping the vision and direction of the school
- Ensure all pupils and employees have equal opportunities within the school including those with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND).
We monitor and evaluate
- Confirm statutory duties have been fulfilled
- Review the effectiveness of statutory policies
- Review progress against the school’s budget and objectives
We conduct our responsibilities through three main committees. These are:
- Curriculum and Development Committee
- Finance, Property and Staffing Committee
- Children, Families and Community Committee
Being a school governor is challenging and extremely rewarding.
If you are within the school or outside and are interested in becoming a Governor please contact: Robert Singh, Chair of Governors through the school office or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please see below for the list of governors.
The Board replaced the Infant Governing Board and Junior School Interim Executive Board on 18 April.
|Robert Singh||Chair of Governors||Local Authority|
Chair of Finance, Property and Staffing Committee
|Sian Davies||Headteacher||Ex officio|
|Co-opted Governors||Board of Governors|
|Rebecca Heath||Staff Governor||Staff|
Rose AshtonAjay Kawa
|Partnership Governors||Board of Governors|
|Clerk to the Governing Body|
The Head of the Infant School and the Junior School also attend Board meetings but hold no voting rights. They play a vital role in developing and implementing the strategic goals and key school priorities of each school.